Monday, January 21, 2008

Alphistia

Several weeks ago, I wrote about the Lonely Planet Micronations book and promised to write more about other micronations, sometimes referred to as cybernations, fantasy countries, model countries, and new country or geofictional projects.

Our first stop on this journey is Project Alphistia. Alphistia was founded in 1967 by Tony. It began as a "backyard nation" on Putnam street, then grew into a virtual world.



Alphistia today has grown in detail to include a complex geography, history, goverment, economy and language all its own. Above is a map of the nation, below is its capital, Enteve.



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 22, 2008 , Blogger z said...

Oh, my gosh, this is so adorable and imaginative. Very, very cute.

 
At Tuesday, January 22, 2008 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

This is all from Tony's "geofictional project". Later this week I'll be posting some stuff from my own imaginary country that I created around the same time as Alphistia... My stuff will make Alphistia look downright sophisticated... LOL

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home