Monday, March 31, 2008

Miserable Hawaii

I haven't bored you all with postcards from my collection in weeks. So, today I'll share my Hawaii postcards, along with a few highlights (lowlights?):



Many people assume Hawaii is a "paradise". I've never been there... but that's what I've been told... Bob Neubauer tells us about his honeymoon, in Miserable Hawaii. "We came for sunny skies and relaxation. Instead we got rain and bad colds."



A Forum dedicated to Things you HATE about Hawaii, including:
  • Gigantic size cockroaches that fly.
  • Noisy coqui frogs
  • Coffee Can mufflers
  • Expensive everything (not just housing)
  • Hawaii is sinking and the beach is disappearing
  • Giant Red Stinging Ants!
  • Beat Up a Haole Day
  • Giant toads


Hawaii has a crystal meth problem (However, the drug-rehab site linked here has a nice map themed design...)



Each island is actually a volcanic explosion waiting to happen...



A military wife hated living in Hawaii so much that she bought a domain and started a blog about it. "Hawaii Sucks" only lasted two months before she ran out of steam. Maybe it got better... (or maybe she escaped...)

UPDATE 4/30/10: Hawaii Sucks lives on via The Way Back Machine



Racial tensions are simmering in Hawaii's melting pot



Triumph the Insult Comic Dog on Hawaii weather:




I'm sure there are far more people who appreciate living in or visiting Hawaii than are respresented here... But since I have been assaulted in the past about the "paradise" of Hawaii, I thought I'd share a little bit of the other side...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Sunday, December 21, 2008 , Blogger Unknown said...

Military wife here, Hawaii still sucks. Quit blogging bc I didn't think anyone was out there reading my dribble. It is back up and running now though.

 
At Sunday, December 21, 2008 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

Rant away!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home