Thursday, May 6, 2010

Map Tatoos

As you all know, I love maps. However, my love for maps does have its limits. For example I do not love maps so much as to tattoo one permanently on my body. These cartophiles take their love for maps to the next level...
Here is a young lady who loves her state of Maine.Via Black Maps
If this woman needs to find her way around Chicago by rail, she need only look down.

Via The Map Room

Don't mess with her Texas:

Via People of WalMart

This man loves his home state of Florida so much, he doesn't mind being easy to pick out in a line up:

From The Most Memorable Criminals of 2009

I'm sure the Chairman would be proud of this Comrade:

Via Frankylicious

Finally, who needs a wardrobe, when you have your own map to Narnia?

Via Atlas(t)



UPDATE 5/6: Anyedge says, "I have a robinson projection of the whole globe on my left deltoid"

Thanks for the pic. Any other Carto-Tattoo-philes with photos to share?

Also, I removed the Sao Paulo "tattoo"... see comments.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Thursday, May 06, 2010 , Blogger Dr24Hours said...

I have a robinson projection of the whole globe on my left deltoid...but I can't figure out where to mail the pic. I'd be happy to share it.

contact me through my profile or at anyedgeblog(at)gmail{dot}com

 
At Thursday, May 06, 2010 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

You can always send interesting maps to admin(at)cartophilia(dot)com

 
At Thursday, May 06, 2010 , Blogger Blogger User said...

Hate to be a bummer, but that map of Sao Paolo on the guy's back is not real. I clicked over to Hand Drawn Map Association and it says "Fernanda created this image by printing a map of Sao Paulo onto a photo of someone's back."

You can also tell if you look at the top of the map near his head and shoulders.

 
At Thursday, May 06, 2010 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

Thanks! I should have caught that.

The post was getting over-long anyway... so out you go, Sao Paulo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home