Sunday, July 3, 2011

They Draw & Travel Map Contest

From paintandink:


If you make maps yourself, you might be as excited as I am about this map-drawing contest at They Draw & Travel. And if you don't make maps, you can just revel in the maps that have already been submitted. Plenty of eye candy for map lovers!





I'm working on a map of Philadelphia. I'd hoped to do a couple of maps, one of Philadelphia, one of Los Angeles, and maybe one of Reno modified from the map I posted yesterday in my introductory post, but I procrastinated a bit in an effort to wrap up some other projects, so I'm not sure I'll have time to do more than one city. But I'm also feeling a burst of creative motivation that I haven't felt in a while (my husband and I have a son who just turned one, so we are running on a year of sleep deprivation), so at least I'm feeling excited about the Philadelphia map.

The grand prize is $1,000, and the contest will be judged by Lilla Rogers of the illustration agency Lilla Rogers Studio. There are quite a few caveats and requirements for submissions, and by submitting a map, you are agreeing to a non-exclusive licensing arrangement, so be sure to read all the fine print.

Happy Mapping!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home