Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Roxaboxen

Last week I told you about a sweet little book about a boy who invents his own imaginary country, Weslandia.

Marilyn Terrell, of Intelligent Travel, posted a comment to tell me about a similar book: "It reminds me of the book "Roxaboxen" by Alice McLarren and illustrated beautifully by Barbara Cooney, about a group of children who make their own magical town out of boxes and stones. My kids used to love it when they were little, and I did too."

I love it too! It reminds me of the hours and hours of imaginative play with my own childhood friends in the neighborhood.




A town of Roxaboxen began to grow, traced in lines of stone: Main Street first, edged with the whitest ones, and the houses.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 04, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I clicked on your blog today and said "Ah!" when I saw the page from Roxaboxen. One of my favorite illustrations. Just something magical about that book. Many thanks.

 
At Thursday, April 03, 2008 , Blogger kiwimeg said...

Thanks for submitting this review to our Children's Book Carnival. I am definately going to look the book up for my girls.

 
At Friday, April 04, 2008 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

hmmm, must be my PR dept. at work again... thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home