Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What? There's another election going on in North America?

Last night, Steven Harper, and his Conservative Party, won a larger minority in the Canadian House of Commons. I don't pretend to know a lot about Canadian politics. When I lived in Michigan, and could listen to CBC Radio out of Windsor, I enjoyed following the ebb and flow of this multi-party democracy. In fact I envy the fact that Canadians actually have more than two real choices. I'd love to see a viable third-party in this country, but our system is rigged against it. (But that's for another discussion.)

Anyway... The CBC posted this excellent interactive map. It allows you to zoom in on the provinces and on specific Ridings to see how the vote came out in each individual MP race.



Even though Harper's party earned more seats in Parliament than last time, they still do not have a majority and must forge a new coalition with another party or parties. This may not be an easy coalition to hold together. We may see yet another Canadian election before the required four years...

Via The Map Room

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, October 17, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ @
^
===

 
At Sunday, October 19, 2008 , Blogger Michael5000 said...

I'm OK with the two party system. I just wish we had "ridings."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home