Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Twittervision

Hey, I'm fairly tech savvy... For an old guy, I'm into a lot of this "Web 2.0" stuff. I blog don't I? I'm on Facebook... but I still don't get the whole Twitter thing... Why exactly do I want to spend time on yet another social networking site, posting about what I watched on TV today, what size coffee I ordered, or the weather? Even worse, why would I want to read anyone else's Twits? Don't I waste enough time already?

So, on Facebook, my friend, Hunter, posted this article from the Zen Habits blog: A Minimalist’s Guide to Using Twitter Simply, Productively, and Funly. The article's advice is: Try it, you'll get used to it... OK, that's the same advice I was offered when encouraged to begin smoking... However, another friend, Matt, pointed out that Twittervision 3D, mentioned in the article, is very cool. I must concede that point:



Jaxsomethingerother, from Jackonsville, Florida, appears to be mocking his friends up north for their recent cold spell...

Twittervision is a real-time geographic visualization of posts to Twitter. 3D is apparently the latest update to the original flat map application:



Yes! Now that was... not very interesting.

Except for the cool maps, I cannot say I'm sold yet on Twitter.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 24, 2008 , Blogger Pigtown*Design said...

i don't get it either! too much information, mostly useless!

 
At Wednesday, December 24, 2008 , Blogger dayna said...

I don't see the point of Facebook.

To each their own.

 
At Wednesday, December 24, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll find Twitter addictive, and it's a great way to publicize your blog.

Give it a try -- it's not carcinogenic. Really.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home