Sunday, January 18, 2009

2008 UCF Conference Championships

I have to confess that I am disappointed with this particular match-up the the Super Bowl:



My disappointment has nothing to do with the Steelers or Cardinals. I was just hoping for an All-Pennsylvania Super Bowl. I even made this cool map to commemorate it. If not that, then perhaps a Mason-Dixon Super Bowl between the Baltimore Ravens and one of the Pensylvania teams... Or I would have been happy with a Ravens vs. Cardinals or Eagles... for the first ever All-Bird Super Bowl. But no... we've got the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. the Arizona Cardinals. Where's the hook? Where's the gimmick?

Oh well, congratulations to both teams. Here's to great Super Bowl game in two weeks!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Monday, January 19, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ravens vs one of the Pennsylvania teams? I also would have enjoyed a Ravens-Steelers Super Bowl...

 
At Monday, January 19, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's my best attempt at a tie in, though admittedly only tangentially map related - http://www.strayhawkeye.com/2009/01/19/the-game-which-must-not-be-named/

 
At Monday, January 19, 2009 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

I didn't know that history about Iowa. Great connection.

 
At Tuesday, January 20, 2009 , Blogger Pigtown*Design said...

we're sad here in baltimore. we hoped for a mason-dixon super bowl, too... or the I-95 bowl!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home