Monday, January 5, 2009

Emily Wicks: The Fifty United States and their Mottos

Emily Wick has posted her linocuts and paintings on her "Two Eyeballs Galleries", including the beautifully cartographic The Fifty States and Their Mottos,a composite of 50 individual linocuts:



From the artist's statement:
I began making linoleum prints in 2003 and began studying classical realism under master painter David Hardy in 2006. I like to carve lino blocks while I am relaxing. I enjoy painting so I can slow down and learn this ancient magical trade of optical illusions. Seeing Things Differently to see a new world is my purpose: both imagination AND reality are important ingredients.
In addition, Emily Wick is a filmmaker and blogs about food!

Posters, original linocuts, and T-Shirts are also available.

HT to Orange!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At Sunday, January 11, 2009 , Blogger Michael5000 said...

Way cool.

I always liked Kansas' motto in the Latin, just because it sounds really cool: "Ad Astra per Aspera."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home