Monday, July 12, 2010

Iberian Map Decor

Apartment Therapy offers 10 Unconventional Map Decor Ideas. Great decorating ideas for any cartophile.

In honor of the big World Cup win, here are two with an Iberian flavor...


First this lamp shade made from a tourist map of Barcelona. The creator, Chez Larsson offers some comments on his creation on his Flickr page.


Next is a coffee table decorated with a portion of a large Portugal and Spain road map.

The creator, "marajane01", offers step by step instructions (however images appear to be missing...)



HT to Carto-Niece, Faith!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Monday, July 12, 2010 , Anonymous aemcdraw said...

I love Apartment Therapy! And I am so happy to have found your blog. I am in love with maps too. So much so that it's a large inspiration for my art work. If you'd like to check it out and share it with your readers, I'd be so grateful.

My latest map is inspired by the Oil Spill disaster in the Gulf of Mexico. And I have a special section for my World Map Art Prints.

Thanks,
Anne

 
At Monday, July 12, 2010 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

oooh. nice stuff.

You're definitely going in to my queue... I'll try to plug you here soon.

 
At Tuesday, July 13, 2010 , Anonymous aemcdraw said...

Thank you!! It means a lot. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home