Friday, October 15, 2010

Hot Hungarian

Occupying a prominent location in the Cartophiliac kitchen is the Szeged Hungarian Hot Paprika. Good stuff, not only because it features a map on the tin!

But wait, there's more! The map of Hungary, in three regions, looks like a sideways flag of Hungary!

Can any Hungarian carto-fans out there tell me if the tri-colored regions on the tin represent three distinct regions in the country?

Vexillophiles note: Michael5000 gives the flag of Hungary an "A" in his latest Flag Friday post.

(I'm also hoping the title "Hot Hungarian" will help me get more hits from web surfers....)



[Cross-posted to Vexillophilia]

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Border between red and white is Danube, and river Tisa is border between white and green. Those are two biggest rivers in Hungary

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

Yes, I saw that on the tin. I should have mentioned that. Thanks! But I wonder if Hungarians see the nation as three regions.

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Christine said...

I don't believe I've ever seen Hungary divided into three regions as on your paprika tin. However, there are seven main statistical regions, which are then further divided into counties. http://bit.ly/bmemhV

 
At Friday, October 15, 2010 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

Thanks. That clears things up a bit... and what a fun blog. I'll be following!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home