Thursday, February 14, 2008

Be My Cartographic Valentine

Happy Cartographic Valentine's Day...


From PostSecret, an ongoing community art project where people mail
in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard.


From mediatinker, an artist, writer, filmmaker, photographer, web guru, general know-it-all, or empress of everything.


From The European Heart, a sculpture project by Anton Krajnc.


From Ernest Dudley Chase, A Pictorial Map of Loveland (1943), as seen in You Are Here: Personal Geographies and Other Maps of the Imagination by Katharine Harmon


From Art By the Yard, devoted to paper, fiber and book arts, the materials that comprise them and the artists who pursue them!


From Find Croatia, a web site dedicated to travellers and visitors to Croatia.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At Saturday, February 16, 2008 , Blogger Michael5000 said...

A few years ago, I drew a big outline heart on a map of the Rose City, and then gradually took 40 or 50 photographs of identifiable places along the line.

My valentine to Mrs.5000 that year was the stack of photos, a map of Portland, and a red colored pencil. It was a hit!

 
At Saturday, February 16, 2008 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

Oh, great! I hope Ms. Cartophiliac doesn't see this... it's suave guys like you that expose the rest of us as clods...

 
At Tuesday, August 12, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As it happens, E.D. Chase (we always called him E.D.) was related to my grandmother by marriage to her sister - as near as I can tell, and I'll have to verify with my sister.

Anyway, I recently was able to get a number of signed maps of his which are in fair to excellent condition.

He was very talented and quite good at attention to detail. When I get them scanned I will try to post some reduced versions.

 
At Thursday, August 14, 2008 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

I look forward to seeing them. thanks!

 
At Sunday, February 15, 2009 , Blogger Romuald RIVIERE said...

Hello

Nice map and so goof idea :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home