Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Crossing the Rubicon

Earlier, I wrote about my experiences in the Diplomacy Hobby, as a gamer and a zine publisher. This t-shirt was given to me as a wedding present by a couple of my old Dip buddies, Scott and "Goz". I suppose I could wear it to a tournament and not need a conference map...

Back when I was publishing my Diplomacy zine, Crossing the Rubicon, my friend, Bill Williams, designed this logo for me. I share it here because, knowing my love of maps, he incorporated an antique globe into the design. Bill had a special color printer that could make t-shirt iron-on transfers. Unfortunately, we forgot to reverse the image... so we printed it again and put the mistake on the back of the shirt:



I am using the old zine name, and the logo Bill designed, for a new blog I started last month. Crossing the Rubicon is primarily my boardgaming log, but I may get around to other articles about boardgames, and reprinting my old zines.

UPDATE: I later decided one blog is enough...

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 27, 2009 , Blogger Unknown said...

I want one! How can I purchase one iron on?

 
At Wednesday, May 27, 2009 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

Unfortunately, both of these shirts were custom made for me, many years ago. So, there is nothing for sale.

If you are looking for a Diplomacy map on a shirt, there are many versions of the map out there. You could download one and print a shirt yourself. I know that you can buy special ink and paper for many color printers these days.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home