Sunday, May 4, 2008

Indiana: Mother of Vice Presidents

Today's post features postcards from my collection.

Indiana Primary on Tuesday:

Why exactly does the Democratic Party waste its time with an Indiana a Primary? The last time Indiana's electoral votes went to a Democrat was 1964; part of Lyndon Johnson's landslide against Barry Goldwater. The time before that was FDR's landslide of 1936. Should the lackluster Democrats of that state be rewarded with all the attention they are getting?

Who will be participating in the Democratic Indiana Primary? Not just Democrats. Just as in Pennsylvania, Republicans plan to cross-over and vote, and not all of them are Dittoheads. The New York Times has a story about an Obomican... A Republican planning to vote for Obama.

Nevertheless, Tuesday's Primary could... maybe... just possibly... be the end of the race between Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton... I'm not betting the farm on that one...

Famous Hoosiers:
  • Larry Bird
  • David Letterman
  • Red Skelton
  • John Cougar Mellencamp
  • Steve McQueen
  • Kurt Vonnegut
  • Florence Henderson
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride...

There have been five men from Indiana who have been elected vice president: Schuyler Colfax, Thomas A. Hendricks, Charles W. Fairbanks, Thomas Marshall and Dan Quayle. They have earned Indiana the nickname "Mother of Vice Presidents."

Due to family connections, I visit Indianapolis often.

Some things I like about Indianapolis:

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Thursday, May 08, 2008 , Blogger Michael5000 said...

That's one of the all-time great quilt maps, there....

 
At Friday, October 24, 2008 , Blogger Volkite's Cartouche said...

Greetings,

You have two Indiana post cards I'm
interested in. Or is that one a quilt?

Listed on: Sunday, May 4, 2008
"Indiana: Mother of Vice Presidents"

How do I proceed with a trade process?

Is it possible to obtain a good quality jpeg, if that is a quilt?

I'd love to see what is there for Jay County!

Good stuff!

Thanks!

-Kit

 
At Sunday, October 26, 2008 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

Yes, it is an actual post card... and I thought I had a duplicate copy for trade... but I cannot find it. However, the way to trade with me is send an email to admin "of" cartophilia.com and tell me what you want and what you have to trade and we can work out a deal...

 
At Sunday, October 26, 2008 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

I can also rescan the card to get more resolution on your county... send me a note.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home