Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hasta la vista, Baby!

As noted earlier, Mrs. Cartophiliac is in Cuernavaca, Mexico, studying Spanish. Señor Cartophiliac es muy solitario, however, not for long. I will be joining her this weekend, and we will spend the next week or so exploring Mexico City and its environs.

What a sweetheart! Yesterday, in the mail, I received not one, but TWO map postcards from the state of Morelos, where Cuernavaca is located:



Señor Cartophiliac es un hombre afortunado!



Aside from a few visits to Canada, this is my first trip outside of the United States since my trip to Taiwain in 1980! Needless to say I'm a bit excited. I hope to come back with interesting map memorabilia, but I won't likely be posting here from Mexico (why would I waste my time on vacation in an Internet cafe?). If I have some time before I leave, I may pre-program a couple posts to keep things from becoming completely dormant...

Hasta la vista!


#234

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At Thursday, August 07, 2008 , Blogger Erik Maldre said...

i like the illustration of the volcano on the peninsula. Have fun in Mexico.

 
At Friday, August 08, 2008 , Blogger Michael5000 said...

Safe travels!

 
At Saturday, August 09, 2008 , Blogger Tony Skaggs said...

I love that first picturemap postcard - I think I'll make something like that for Alphistia :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home