Sunday, January 10, 2010

2009 UCF Wildcard Weekend

Last week I introduced the end-of-2009 NFL season United Countries of Football map.

Tonight, after an exciting overtime win by the Cardinals, the Wild-Card round of the playoffs have ended. Four Football Nations have been vanquished: Cincinnati, Philadelphia, New England and Green Bay. The new map stands at this:



Aside from my disappointment at the Bengal's loss and the Cowboy's win, I did pick 3 out of 4 correctly. However, I have a problem with the map. Once again I used poor color choices and now the Minnesota Vikings' and the Baltimore Ravens' territory is colored with the same shade of violet!

Therefore, next weekend, I will find myself rooting for the Vikings over the Dallas Cowboys (I would anyway), and I will naturally be rooting for the Indianapolis Colts over the Ravens. Then all things will be map-color-well.

#525



Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At Monday, January 11, 2010 , Blogger Erik Maldre said...

I think we're going to see a blue and gold map for the Super Bowl. (Colts, Saints)

 
At Monday, January 11, 2010 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

I was especially hoping for that back when they might have gone undefeated...

And while I think that would be a great combination for the SB, I would not rule out the hot Chargers, and the hated Cowboys.

 
At Tuesday, January 12, 2010 , Blogger Erik Maldre said...

Frankly, I could see any team going all the way except maybe the Jets, but even their defense could be strong enough to carry them.

 
At Tuesday, January 12, 2010 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

Agreed. None of these teams winning it all would surprise me. None of them are so flawless that we can assume they've got a lock.

 
At Tuesday, January 12, 2010 , Blogger Dug said...

As an Eagles fan that is the most DISGUSTING map I have ever seen. Can't wait until my region turns purple next week!

Word verification=funti as in watching football this weekend was not very funti!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home