Monday, March 22, 2010

On the Map

BBC Radio 4 has a new radio programme debuting today, featuring Mike Parker, author of Map Addict (previously discussed on Cartophilia).

On the Map will offer ten 15-minute reviews of modern maps and map making. In the first episode, Parker will explore the maps he fell in love with as a teenager - Ordnance Survey maps. The series is scheduled to air on BBC 4 at 15:45 GMT (11:45am EDT). You can listen live online, but I cannot yet tell if they will archive the programmes for future listening. I will update this post if I learn more.

UPDATE: BBC 4 has a "Listen Now" link for the first episode, The Map Makers, that is supposed to be good for seven days.

Additional details about the programme at Collins Maps.

Mike and Bill looking at the map

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Friday, March 26, 2010 , Blogger batence1986 said...

Can anyone record these series from BBC site? It would be amazing!

 
At Friday, March 26, 2010 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

I'm sure that would be a violation of some copyright law or another... I'm sure I wouldn't want to know if someone has found a way to save the recordings...

I am pleased I can listen to them within the seven day limit, since I cannot listen live.

They have been interesting programs.

 
At Friday, March 26, 2010 , Blogger Michael5000 said...

Wait... a ~radio~ program about maps? Maybe I'm being unimaginitive, but I see a potential limitation here...

 
At Friday, March 26, 2010 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

Only by your imagination.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home