Monday, December 3, 2007

Who is reading Cartophilia?

Since I began this blog in September, I have enjoyed watching the visitor stats I get from StatCounter (see the little green counter at the bottom of the right-hand column on this page). In addtion to telling me how many visitors I get, it also tells me, based on IP address, where they are coming from, and the search terms they used to get here. It even offers a Google map, like this one:



I wonder who it might be, floating in the South Atlantic, off the coast of Africa, at zero degrees by zero degrees... could it be Colonel Bleep?

A special thanks to The Map Room, Gadling.com, The Electoral Map, and Diary of a Booklover for linking to this blog recently, thus steering new visitors my way.

I am enjoying writing this blog. I have mounds of material yet to share. All it takes is time. I hope you are also enjoying your visit(s). The only thing missing is a dialog with my readers. PLEASE feel free to comment on any post that catches your fancy.

Thanks!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Thursday, December 06, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about you via The Map Room. Enjoyable so far, keep it up! As for that reader off the African coast -- it looks like a lat/lon of about 0/0. Curious.

 
At Friday, December 07, 2007 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

Yes, thus the reference to "Zero Zero Island"... You're probably too young to remember that cheesy cartoon, "Colonel Bleep", from the 1960s... :-)

Thanks for reading my blog. Feel free to add your 2 cents anytime!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home