Thursday, August 28, 2008

Mile High T-shirts

The Democratic National Convention is taking place this week in Denver, Colorado. In front of 80,000 people, Barack Obama will give his acceptance of his party's nomination at Mile High Stadium.

In anticipation of this event, I have been saving these two t-shirts from my collection. I almost forgot to post them this week...

I think I may also have a couple Colorado map postcards tucked away somewhere... but they will have to wait for another day.



You would think that 80,000 people would be the largest crowd ever for such a speech, but John F. Kennedy also addressed a crowd of 80,000, at Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles, for his acceptance speech in 1960.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 26, 2008 , Blogger Melinda Thornton said...

I love the shirt with the map all over. I have seen some around my home town with Utah map instead of Colorado. I am looking to buy one of Utah's for a Christmas gift but do not know where they come from. Do you know who sales these? If so please let me know so I can get one.

Thanks

 
At Wednesday, November 26, 2008 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

I wish I could. I found this one at a thrift store.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home