Friday, May 8, 2009

A Rebel in Siam

Showing off the latest addition to my map postcard collection:



It's not very clear what year this antique map was made, but no matter. It shows parts of what is now Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Malaysia, Indonesia, Burma and China. All areas underrepresented in my collection.

It was sent to me by "Rebel", an American (or Aussie?) blogging from Thailand: Rebel's Work In Progress - Thailand Edition!
After spending my post-college decade stuck in unfulfilling office jobs, I decided to strike out and see the world. First stop - Thailand.

Thanks, Rebel, for pausing to send this postcard!

UPDATE 5/14: Rebel tells me that she is "American as apple pie... you know the kind you get in a little cardboard box at McDonalds. ;)"

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 13, 2009 , Blogger Michael5000 said...

From the title, I got all excited to send Rebel a link to this post. But you two are way ahead of me.

 
At Wednesday, May 13, 2009 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

Actually, I don't know that she has seen this yet...

But when you do, thanks again, Rebel!

 
At Thursday, May 14, 2009 , Blogger Rebel said...

I hadn't seen it until I saw the post on M5K's blog. I'm just glad it wasn't a Rebel/Mishaps mash-up of bodily function blogging. ;)

BTW - I'm American as apple pie... you know the kind you get in a little cardboard box at McDonalds. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home