Friday, August 7, 2009

Mapkini and Curtain

Today I received several photos from a Carto-friend who must remain nameless. The first one I'll show you is the shower curtain from his bathroom. I'm showing this one first as your warning. The rest of the photos are probably safe-for-work... unless you work for a very prudish employer... We'll get back to shower curtains in a moment...



This Carto-friend sent me these photos of his fiancé in the best bikini bathing suit ever.

Now, he tells me that she said it was OK for me to post these. He'd better be right, because he's getting married next week. Congratulations!

Strictly for geographic study purposes, I think we need to take a closer look at this mapkini...

This mapkini is made up of a map of United States. I think it very appropriate that the top is pieced together with Western states:



Out west, they have huge... tracts of land!



The mapkini bottom is made from Southern states...



But most interesting is the back of the mapkini bottom, with its fascinating mash-up of Montana, Kansas, Idaho and the Baja Peninsula!



This mapkini is (or was) from Victoria's Secret. However, after an extensive search of their website (again, strictly for geographic purposes) I have been unable find it available.

So, back to my Carto-friend's shower curtain. He tells me that he is pleased with the accuracy in detail of the map. Not only is it up to date with all of the changes in Eastern Europe over the last few years, it even shows Cyprus in its current divided state.



However, for some inexplicable reason, Tasmania is shown in a different color than the rest of Australia. Is there something Taz trying to tell the rest of Oz?



Thanks again, Carto-friend. Happy wedding and good luck!

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Blogger Laura Blumenthal said...

Hi

Where did your friend get the shower curtain? I'm very impressed!

 
At Sunday, August 09, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shower Curtain

http://www.amazon.com/World-Map-Vinyl-Shower-Curtain/dp/B0009MK89M

or

http://www.stanfords.co.uk/stock/shower-curtain-clear-political-world-map-145156/

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the map shower curtain at Bed Bath and Beyond.

 
At Monday, August 10, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sing it with me:
Way down south, in New Orleans.

 
At Friday, August 14, 2009 , Blogger Harper Ganesvoort said...

I think I noticed chunks of Michigan on the southbound side of that bikini bottom as well, based on the spelling. But I won't swear to it.

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 , Blogger Ole said...

The European part of Turkey is also in a different colour..

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 , Anonymous Phil Lacefield Jr. said...

Michigan is indeed deep, deep "down under" on the bottom part. She's from there, and would love to point out "I'm from here!" on the map, but that would probably get her arrested in most states :-)

I did notice the Turkish two-color thing as well, but forgot to mention it when I sent in the pics.

 
At Wednesday, August 19, 2009 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

OK... so much for anonymity...

 
At Sunday, August 23, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, did you go to Louisiana for your honeymoon, Phil?

 
At Sunday, September 20, 2009 , Anonymous Jim the explorer said...

I think we should get to see what's under those western states--strictly for geological purposes of course. And that New Orleans area, I bet it has some fascinating topology in the substrata.

 
At Saturday, January 23, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rather cool place you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. BTW, why don't you change design :).

 
At Saturday, January 23, 2010 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

Thanks. What's wrong with the design?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home