Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Connect the Dots

When I first came across the website, Spud Art, the first thing I thought of was this mappish "spud art". But instead it is "the landfill of Matt Maldre's life, a 32-year-old Christian designer in Chicago."

Among Matt's random thoughts:

"Here's a map of America with JUST the capitals. No state lines. It would be fun to number these stars and make them into a connect-the-dots game."



The first thing I saw in all those dots was the national bird of the United States, the turkey.... OK, the eagle is the national bird, but not if Benjamin Franklin had had his way...






OK, that's a pretty sad looking turkey, but is it really any worse than the ones we make children draw in school every Thanksgiving?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 21, 2008 , Blogger Matt Maldre said...

OH WOW! I really like how you saw a turkey in the dots. It really looks like a turkey!

Also, thanks for linking to my post.

Heh, didya know that i'm the twin brother of the guy who is putting the "original map paintings" on your site?! It's true!

 
At Thursday, May 22, 2008 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

That is hilarious!

I didn't even notice the same last names!

It is a small world!

 
At Thursday, May 22, 2008 , Blogger Erik Maldre said...

It's a Maldre invasion! First a post about my maps on a stick paintings and now a post about my borther's site.

Look out Cartophilians!

 
At Thursday, May 29, 2008 , Blogger Matt Maldre said...

we are mapping our takeover.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home