Monday, May 19, 2008

Oregon: the Quilter State

In addition to the Kentucky Democratic Primary tomorrow, folks will also be voting in Oregon. Barack Obama is expected to win this primary.

Oregon is one of the handful of states I have never visited, so I only have these two map postcards:



The only resident of Oregon that I sort of "know" is blogger, Michael5000; art quilter, bible-reader, and pop quizzer. He loves his home state, and his home town of Portland (City of Roses). However, unhappy with his state's boring flag, he sponsored a contest to design a new flag. The winner:




Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Monday, May 19, 2008 , Blogger Michael5000 said...

Oh, I don't think that was the WINNER..... Besides, it doesn't matter anyway, as the Governor TOTALLY blew me off when I sent him our designs to choose from. Guess I'll have to continue living beneath the two-sided blue-n-gold lamefest.

"Art quilter, bible-reader, and pop quizzer" -- wow, if you told me in college that this was going to be my public persona in 20 years, I would have had serious doubts about your ability to predict the future. But then, I suppose I would have had those doubts no matter what you predicted.

 
At Monday, May 19, 2008 , Blogger Cartophiliac said...

Oh, right, the quilt flag was winner in one category: "Cleverest Flag (Flatter the Host subcategory)".

Readers, to see the other finalists, click on the quilt flag.

 
At Tuesday, May 20, 2008 , Blogger Rebel said...

My what a pretty state that is!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home