Monday, January 11, 2010

MapMarks Transit Blog

This week is Transit Map Theme Week at Cartophilia!

In the last several weeks I have either happened across, or had links to interesting transit maps sent my way. So many in fact, I don't want to cram them all in to one post.

Today, I will introduce you to a new blog by Transit Map maven, Mark Ovenden: MapMarks. Mark promises to share with us about "maps, metro's, cartography, transport and a handful of other nonsense."

Mark Ovenden is the author of two recent books on transit maps:

Transit Maps: The World's First Collection of Every Urban Train Map on Earth
Paris Underground: The Maps, Stations, and Design of the Metro

UPDATE 1/12: This book just got a
review in the NewYorker.
Via The Map Room



Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At Monday, January 11, 2010 , Blogger Erik Maldre said...

I gotta have that Transit Maps book. It looks like an essential tool in studying wayfinding.

 
At Monday, January 11, 2010 , Anonymous Phil Lacefield Jr. said...

I was given the Transit Maps book for my birthday a couple years ago by Mrs. Mapkini, it's really quite good. In the back is a section on "What Ifs", including Cincinnati's never-finished subways and the original Seattle monorail system plan. Well worth it!

 
At Tuesday, January 12, 2010 , Blogger Dug said...

I pretty much spend all of my free time staring at those two books!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home